12.9.11

Robert Baines - Exhibition


Robert Baines was one of my lectures during my studies at R.M.I.T. He introduced me to the ancient goldsmithing technique of fusing which I often use in making my work. His exhibition opens at Glen Eira City Council Gallery and luckily for me on my side of the yarra.







Opening address by RMIT University Professor of Art and Philosophy and Head of the School of Art, Elizabeth Grierson
Welcome by Her Worship, the Mayor Cr Margaret Esakoff
With words by goldsmith and jeweller Robert Baines

Floor talk by artist Robert Baines
Saturday 24 September, 2.30pm
Free admission. Glen Eira City Council Gallery.
Robert Baines, nationally and internationally renowned jeweller and goldsmith will provide a fascinating overview of his career between 1969 and 2011.


Corner Glen Eira and Hawthorn Roads, Caulfield
Open Monday–Friday, 10am–5pm
Saturday and Sunday, 1pm–5pm
Public holidays, 1pm–5pm
Phone: 03 9524 3333

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails